RHEL 3 AS Kernel RPMS

Dan Field dof at llgc.org.uk
Tue Dec 21 13:54:40 UTC 2004

Dan Field wrote:

>> Are these available anywhere? I can't seem to fid them with a package
>> search for "kernel" on RHN with a machine subscribed to all channels
>> for RHEL AS 3 (including betas).
>>
> Ah on further inspection it appears that we only have channel
> subscriptions to "Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS (v. 3 for x86)
> <https://rhn.redhat.com/network/software/channels/details.pxt?cid=1181>"
> and not " Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS (AMD64)".
>
> Sorry for the confusion

So it looks like I should be able to do the following but it's choking
for some reason:

[root at sammy root]# up2date --upgrade-to-release=rhel-x86_64-as-3
https://xmlrpc.rhn.redhat.com/XMLRPC
Error communicating with server. The message was:

Error Message:
    Your account does not have access to any channels matching
(release='rhel-x86_64-as-3', arch='athlon-redhat-linux')
If you have a registration number, please register with it first at
http://www.redhat.com/apps/activate/ and then try again.
Error Class Code: 19
Error Class Info: Architecture and OS version combination is not supported.
Explanation:
     An error has occurred while processing your request. If this problem
     persists please enter a bug report at bugzilla.redhat.com.
     If you choose to submit the bug report, please be sure to include
     details of what you were trying to do when this error occurred and
     details on how to reproduce this problem.

[root at sammy root]# uname -a
Linux sammy.llgc.org.uk 2.4.21-9.ELsmp #1 SMP Thu Jan 8 16:54:23 EST
2004 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

[root at sammy root]# cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep model
model           : 5
model name      : AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 246
model           : 5
model name      : AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 246

[root at sammy root]# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 3)

Any ideas?

--
Dan Field <dof at llgc.org.uk>            http://www.cymruarywe.org/
                                       http://www.walesontheweb.org/