OT: Building a 32-bit firefox on FC2

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 17:12:31 UTC 2004

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:48:22 -0500 (EST), devnull at adc.idt.com
<devnull at adc.idt.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Apologies for the OT post, but does anyone know how to build firefox from
> sources and get a 32-bit binary instead of a 64-bit one. Macromedia doesnt
> seem too keen on porting their flash plugins to AMD64(i've tried asking
> their "support team", w/o much luck)

I think you should be able to grab the src.rpm and modify the SPEC
file to build a 32-bit binary.  I haven't done much with src.rpms, but
it seems like it should work.  Probably an easier route would be to
just install the 32-bit rpm.  If you really want to build from
sources, there ought to be a way to tell it to build for a certain
architecture.

> If you could share your mozconfig, that would be great.
>
> Thanks,
>
> /dev/null
>
> devnull at adc.idt.com

Jonathan