Problem of installing Oracle 9i on AMD64

Yujie JIN jinyujiemail at tom.com
Wed Dec 22 13:51:19 UTC 2004

	Hi!

	My box is AMD64 dual Opteron, and I installed Redhat AS 3.0 for AMD64 on the box. And we'd like to install Oracle 9i on it, so I tried to install Oracle 9.2.0.4 for Linux x86_64. I followed the Oracle 9i installation instructions for AS 3.0. And when the installing came to 65%, an error happened, which says:
Error in invoking target install of makefile /opt/ora9/product/9.2/precomp/lib/ins_precomp.mk

	I searched this problem in the internet, and found it can be solved by applying the patch glibc-2.1.3-stubs.tar.gz for Oracle 8.1.7. However, when I ran the patch on the AMD64 box,I encountered an error:
Rebuilding client shared library.../usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /opt/ora9/product/9.2/lib/libsql9.a when searching for -lsql9
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsql9
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

	Has anybody experienced this problem? How can I install Oracle 9i successfully on AMD64?

	Regards,

	Jennifer