What to install on an amd64 machine?

Eric Mittelstaedt ericm at sfour.no-ip.com
Tue Dec 28 20:15:38 UTC 2004

Brian,

What kind of problems are you having 'installing' java?  It is a very
easy install...  Also if you need to use both 32bit and 64bit JVMs, is
it a big problem to have a 32bit and 64bit JVM installed, and reference
the appropriate one via your JAVA_HOME definition?

Also, have you tried Blackdown?
http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/java-linux/JDK-1.4.2/amd64/fcs/

Eric