Re: Update: nVidia drivers (1.0-5332)

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Bill Broadley wrote:

>Speaking of which.  Has anyone managed to run 32 bit opengl binaries
>with a 64 bit linux kernel and hardware acceleration?

Nobody has because currently it isn't implemented.  Nobody on the
DRI project has done the work or expressed interest in doing so
yet to date that I know of.  If anyone is interested in joining
the DRI project and doing the necessary thunking work however,
interested parties should join the dri-devel mailing list on
sourceforge, and attend the weekly development meetings in IRC on
#dri-devel on irc.freenode.net

To date, I've seen only a couple of people express interest in
such feature who wanted to play 32 bit video games on a 64bit
kernel.  I haven't seen any other interest to date though.

I don't think any of the DRI developers have an AMD64 system
though either.  Perhaps someone could coerce a DRI developer into
doing the necessary work by donating them an AMD64 system for a
while.  That's a possibility anyway. ;o)