dual opteron board kernel panics on boot with smp kernel

Hello,

 I just put fc2t3 on one of our servers at work to do some testing, and
can not get it to boot with any of the smp kernels (up kernels boot just
fine).  I don't think this is fedora specific, but I'm wondering if
anyone else has had the problem.  It seems to be happening when it trys
to initialize? the second cpu.  The machine in question has 6 gigs of
ram, and I do seem to remember there being a problem with that in older
kernels (2.4 series).  I'll try and provide more info on the server
tomorrow. .. I'll probably end up running memtest on this box as well,
maybe that will show me something.

--
 Marshall