FC2 x86_64 : Greeter program crashing when changing terminals

Hi all,

I just put FC2 on my new Athlon64 computer. I am having a problem that when I go to switch terminals (alt + ctrl + F1, etc.), the screen flickers a bit and then brings up another graphical login screen, with the Fedora logo etc. So, it is not going to a TTY text terminal, which is what I want. When I tried to switch back to my current graphical session by pressing (alt + ctrl + F7), there is a bit more flickering then I receive the message,

"The greeter program appears to be crashing. I will attempt to use a different one."

Indeed it does, and I get a graphical boot screen, but it is just a gray login window with the following menu options "Session, Language, Actions, Themes".

Here is my platform info
Linux <private> 2.6.5-1.358 #1 Sat May 8 09:01:26 EDT 2004 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Hardware
Asus K8V SE Deluxe mobo
Athlon64 3400+ Processor
eVGA GeFORCE FX 5700LE video card w/256MB

I should point out that though this is an nVidia video card, I haven't got around to trying the official nVidia drivers, which last I heard don't work great.

Here are some pertinent sections from my xorg.conf file

Section "Module"
       Load  "dbe"
       Load  "extmod"
       Load  "fbdevhw"
       Load  "glx"
       Load  "record"
       Load  "freetype"
       Load  "type1"
       Load  "dri"
EndSection

Section "Device"
       Identifier  "Videocard0"
       Driver      "vesa"
       VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
       BoardName   "VESA driver (generic)"
EndSection

Section "DRI"
       Group        0
       Mode         0666
EndSection

Is anyone else having this problem? Should I report this as a bug? If so, how do I do that? (I've never reported a bug before).

Thanks everyone!

Doug Sievers