ASUS FastTrack 378 controller

I have an ASUS K8V SE deluxe mother board that has a Promise FastTrack 378 disk
controller.  It can be set as a RAID controller or as a third IDE controller.  I
have two 160GB IDE disks attached to it but it seems FC2 will not recognize the
controller or the drives no matter what the mode is set to.  Is this device
supported?  How can I get the devices assigned so I can put some data on the
disks?