FC3 install on SATA

G. Vamsee Krishna vamsee_k at students.iiit.net
Sat Nov 20 23:41:38 UTC 2004

On Sat, 20 Nov 2004, Matthew E. Lauterbach wrote:

> Good to hear that it is working for some people.  FC3 i386 is working
> well on my Dell laptop.  Just some weird bug caused by my motherboard on
> the amd64 I guess.

Can someone tell me what's the performance-wise difference between a SATA
and a normal (PATA) disk? The only difference I see is that SATA is taking
up less bus/cable space inside my cabinet, thus allowing a better
recycling of air :-) I'm running a FTP server and I can tell the
difference when about 5 people are simultaneously copying files (700MB
each). Is there no other difference between the disks or will I have to
install any more drivers and stuff?

Regards,
Vamsee

--
experience is what you get when you don't get what you really wanted