any idea on nVidia/ATI support on X.org on FC3?

Marshall Lewis marshall at novafoundry.com
Thu Sep 23 10:51:35 UTC 2004

I've been using the nVidia drivers with generally no problems.  With the
switch to udev, I've had issues with the nvidia driver loading
automatically after I compile it, so I have to issue a "modprobe nvidia"
prior to starting X.  But that's pretty much the only glitch I've seen.
I do have to configure the xorg.conf file by hand to get twinview
working the way I want though.. and I don't actually expect that the
tools that come with fedora/redhat will ever support configuring that.
But then again.. I'm just used to configuring the file by hand so I
haven't looked at the config tool that fedora is shipping with :)

What kind of problems are you having with the nVidia setup?

Oh, and ATI still hasn't released x86_64 drivers for linux (at least
last time I looked (early august)... I eventually gave up on them, sold
my card, and bought the nVidia card I have now).

--
 Marshall

Marshall Lewis <marshall at novafoundry.com>