Opteron 252 install

Bogdan Costescu Bogdan.Costescu at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Apr 19 17:01:08 UTC 2005

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, Jason DePaul wrote:

> linux ks=nfs:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:/var/ftp/pub/kickstart/ks.cfg ksdevice=eth0

I'm too lazy to search HP's site right now, but if these computers
have more than one network interface (which would explain the ksdevice
presence on the command line), try using

ksdevice=link

instead of

ksdevice=eth0

I seem to remember some opposite order of finding network interfaces
between i386 and x86_64 kernels in my own tests, but as I changed a
lot of them, I'm not sure anymore - it shouldn't hurt anyway.

--
Bogdan Costescu

Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868