Fedora 4 DVD install image missing?

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 18:11:04 UTC 2005

On 8/4/05, Bruce Feist <bfeist at speakeasy.net> wrote:
> Jonathan Berry wrote:
> >On 8/4/05, Bruce Feist <bfeist at speakeasy.net> wrote:
> >>I went to find the DVD image on the RH Fedora site, but found only CD
> >>images.
> >>
> >If you can, I would suggest that you use Bittorrent instead.
> >
> Sadly, I don't currently have a Linux system that I can trust to do it,
> and I don't know how to use Bittorent under Windows (if it's possible at
> all).
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, though.

It is very possible:
http://www.bittorrent.com/
Or you can use the nice Java client, Azureus.
http://azureus.sourceforge.net/
Both work just fine with Windows.  In fact, that is how I've gotten
all of my Fedora DVD isos.  Just get the install package, install it,
and open the torrent file off the web.  You might have to tweak some
firewall settings if you have a router.  Though, I think with Azureus
it just worked last time I downloaded some isos.

Jonathan