Fedora SMP dual core, dual AMD 64 processor system

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Fri Aug 19 02:24:03 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 14:02 -0700, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> Don't forget about Socket-940 Opteron 1xx, including new
> dual-core Opteron 1x5 models.  I know the next generation of
> Opteron 1xx series will be Socket-939 with unregistered DIMM
> support, but there are a number of Socket-940 Opteron 1xx
> mainboards and processors now.

BTW, here's more on the AMD Opteron 100 series for Socket-939 using
unregistered ECC memory:
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/SellAMDProducts/0,,30_177_861_8806~85257,00.html

On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 16:38 -0700, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> I was hopeful the new Broadcom/ServerWorks HT1000 chipset
> would take off.  It's a low-cost, single IC chipset with a
> single PCI-X channel -- ideal for delivering a single
> Socket-940 with decent server I/O for <$200.

This includes possibly the HT1000 for Socket-939 Opteron 100
(as well as Socket-940).

--
Bryan J. Smith     b.j.smith at ieee.org     http://thebs413.blogspot.com