MSI K8N Neo2 For Dual Core?

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Tue Aug 23 23:59:18 UTC 2005

I finally found the courage to upgrade my MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum
(MS-7025) BIOS to version 1.9 which I believe supports AMD 64 dual-core
CPUs. I'm thinking of actually buying such a CPU. Does it makes more
sense to replace this motherboard with a new one that might be better
suited to dual-cores?

I have 2 Gb of fairly cheap memory, but it bothers me that with every
change of a motherboard, I have to put down a large sum to get a fresh
set of memory, too. So I'd like to avoid buying a complete set of memory
if possible. I'm currently using Adata memory.

Am I better off staying with my current board or should I trade it for
something else?

And yes, I have been reading Bryan's postings and the responses to them
with interest, but haven't studied them deeply.

Thanks

Bob Cochran