SuperMicro H8SSL-i (ServerWorks HT1000) -- JMR SATAStor 6x2.5" in 1x5.25" array

Peter Arremann loony at loonybin.org
Mon Dec 5 01:05:20 UTC 2005

On Sunday 04 December 2005 19:28, you wrote:
> Now Peter, do you want to tell the group about our little "history"?  Or
> do you like to just challenge me on every list we're on, and the
> countless times I've sent you detailed information on various things
> with regards to how the AMD64 technology works over on the CentOS list
> (e.g., 48-bit PAE mode -- which you were so ignorant of you looked like
> an ass last time we went around ;-)?
Bryan,

I was hoping your mom had tought you basic manners. Too bad I seem to be
wrong. No matter how much you wish it was ok - if you can not make your point
with arguments, name calling is NOT an acceptable backup method.

And just the point that you use the words "48-bit PAE mode" shows that you
eventually realized that I was right. Thank you that you stopped using works
like PAE52 that you made up yourself and now use the standard terms.

-- I will not respond to anything that I said above --
so for those that care and want to form their own opinion the thread is here:
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2005-June/007544.html
(Hope I won't get in trouble for posting a centos mailing list link on a
fedora list)

But to stay on the off-topic topic:

I fail to see how the fact that a disk has a multiple of xxx capacity makes it
better than another that has multiple of yyy GB?

I'm also confused what the 55 and 60 degree is supposed to be?

The reason for my confusion is that the high end Fujitsu enterprise scsi or
fibre disk is 60C and 300GB - does that mean its a comodity disk rather than
an enterprise drive?

Maybe those things are just that way cause they always were - and have
actually nothing to do with the quality or design of the drives?

Peter.