MB advice

apjaworski at mmm.com apjaworski at mmm.com
Tue Dec 6 17:34:04 UTC 2005

Hi there,

I am slowly getting ready to get a new system.  I am running Linux (Fedora)
almost exclusively but occasionally I need to boot Windows (XP).

I am thinking about an Athlon 64 machine.  I would like to put a couple of
SATA drives in it with no legacy PATA disks.  I would like to be able to
install Fedora Core Linux on it with minimal fuss.  Do you have any MB
recommendations?

I was just reading Jeff Garzik page on SATA support in Linux.  It looks
like his driver library supports Silicon Image 3124 chip well.  Are there
any MBs out there having this chipset on board?

What about nForce4?  A lot of MBs seem to use this chipset.  I am
specifically thinking about MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum.  Any comments?

Thanks in advance,

Andy

Andy Jaworski
518-1-01