Opteron Vs. Athlon X2

Robert L Cochran cochranb at speakeasy.net
Wed Dec 7 22:47:10 UTC 2005

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I've told my wife (with help from a
vendor's web-based wish list) that I would like the Athlon 64 X2 4400
suggested by Peter. If that shows up under the tree, I'll go ahead and
get the Asrock board. I will see what develops. I think I might look for
some sort of integrated SD/Compact Flash/MMC/Memory stick card reader
that can slide into a drive bay and probably a dual layer DVD+RW drive
while I'm at it.

Meanwhile, I want to thank everyone for the helpful comments.

And yes, I really would like to cut down the compile times.

Bob Cochran