Using Intel compiler for EM64T on x86_64

Somsak Sriprayoonsakul ssy at hpcnc.cpe.ku.ac.th
Fri Dec 9 09:52:56 UTC 2005

Hello,
    Does anyone in the list ever use Intel Compiler, which has support
for EM64T, on Opteron or Athlon64 machine? Does the generated binary
totally compatible with Opteron? Also, how is the optimization being
done? Does the program run faster compared with GCC or PGI?
    Sorry if the question seems too stupid. We're having a cluster
machine with some Scientific applications which require Fortran 90
compiler, also it accepts only PGI Compiler or Intel Compiler so we
can't use G95.

Regards

Somsak Sriprayoonsakul

Scalable Computing Lab
High Performance Computing and Networking Center
Kasetsart University
ssy at hpcnc.cpe.ku.ac.th