x86_64 laptop recommendations?

Gene Czarcinski gene at czarc.net
Tue Jan 4 14:04:43 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 04 January 2005 08:42, John Haxby wrote:
> Gene Czarcinski wrote:
> >I recently (late November) purchased a Compaq R3000z with the 1920x1200
> > screen and am well pleased with it.  For some reason, the Compaq is
> > slightly cheaper than its more or less identical HP equivalent.
> >

> Although the parts list for the R3000 series lists a WUXGA (that's
> 1900x1200 isn't it?) I can't find one on either US or UK HP web sites.
> Have they stopped producing it does anyone know?  Or is there somewhere
> else I should be looking?

I bought mine via CompUSA but did the research to pick just what I wanted via
online at http://www.shopping.hp.com/

I just checked and they DON'T have 1920x1200 listed anymore!!  The current max
is 1680x1050 and is pretty good too (my display handles both so I have looked
at it).  You may want to contact them via the phone and see what is going on.

It would be a shame if they dropped 1920x1200!
--
Gene