Building RPMs for i386

matt whiteley mattwhiteley at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 00:08:49 UTC 2005

accidentally sent to only arjan ...

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 18:03:21 +0100, Arjan van de Ven <arjanv at redhat.com> wrote:
> correct rpms you should be able to build. Unfortionately there are a lot
> of incorrect ones ;(
>
> (note: I usually only compiled the kernel this way, but then for i386,
> x86_64, ia64, s390, s390x, ppc and ppc64... so it IS possible ;)

Would you be able to tell me a FC3 rpm that you are able to rebuild
successfully? I am experiencing a similar issue. I made a minimal
install of FC3 on an amd64 box and have since installed the needed
rpms for building ix86 rpms, but I cannot.

I can compile my own c programs correctly with '-m32' but all srpms I
try, even RedHat built stock FC3 srpms, fail to build. I am trying to
find out if I am having bad luck in picking the "incorrect ones" or if
something is awry with the box.

I thought that maybe it was just a misconfiguration, but all of the
things that I thought might remedy that don't seem to help.

I have run libgcc_post_upgrade, ldconfig etc and rebooted to no avail.

Thank you,
--
matt whiteley <mattwhiteley at gmail.com>