Re: X2 motherboards

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005, Gene Czarcinski wrote:

processor : 1 vendor_id : AuthenticAMD cpu family : 15 model : 35 model name : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ stepping : 2 cpu MHz : 2210.221 cache size : 1024 KB physical id : 0 siblings : 2 core id : 1 cpu cores : 2 fpu : yes fpu_exception : yes cpuid level : 1 wp : yes flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ht syscall nx mmxext fxsr_opt lm 3dnowext 3dnow pni lahf_lm cmp_legacy bogomips : 4407.29 TLB size : 1024 4K pages clflush size : 64 cache_alignment : 64 address sizes : 40 bits physical, 48 bits virtual power management: ts fid vid ttp

That's some real specs. Impressive.

And I got a question. On a single-core processor, we can run only ONE operating system at a time. That OS takes care of all the management behind the scenes. So, is it really possible to run 2 OSs at a time on a dual-core processor?

Regards,
Vamsee

--
Playfully doing something difficult, whether useful or not, that is hacking. -- Richard Stallman