OT: acroread on AMD64

Jonathan Berry berryja at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 19:50:28 UTC 2005

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:33:26 -0500 (EST), devnull at adc.idt.com
<devnull at adc.idt.com> wrote:
> >> Is acroread a 32 or 64 bit app?
> >>
> >> Bob...
> >
> > It's a 32-bit app, and still not a full release version (for version
> > 7).  It seems to work fine for me.  Does the file mentioned indeed
> > exist on your system?  What about the 32-bit equivalent?  I'm running
> > FC3 x86_64.
>
> Good to hear that it works well. Is it an upgrade worth doing ?

Is an upgrade of what worth doing?  You mean to version 7?  Yes,
version 7 is much better than the archaic version 5 that is currently
available.  It looks a lot nicer and works better, like the scroll
wheel actually works.

> The mentioned file exists(obviously cant be used), the 32-bit equivalents
> exist too.
>
> Can you send me your ld.so.conf from under /etc
>
> Thanks.

Sure.  What does this file do?  Looks like there is not much there.

$ cat /etc/ld.so.conf
include ld.so.conf.d/*.conf
/usr/X11R6/lib
/usr/X11R6/lib64
/usr/lib/mysql
/usr/lib64/mysql

$ ls /etc/ld.so.conf.d/
qt-i386.conf  qt-x86_64.conf  xorg-x11-i386.conf  xorg-x11-x86_64.conf

$ more /etc/ld.so.conf.d/*
::::::::::::::
/etc/ld.so.conf.d/qt-i386.conf
::::::::::::::