need help please

Jay Turner jkt at redhat.com
Thu Apr 13 16:26:24 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 11:23 -0400, Mark Hammerton wrote:
> i am trying to fit the redhat es 4 amd64 on to one bootable i reduced
> the size of the mounted all cds and cp them over with
> cp -a /media/cdrom/* /RHEL/CD1
> and so forth for all five cds.
> i then copied over all of the RPMS into the the /RHEL/CD1/Redhat/RPMS/
> folder and reduced the size, finally it is small enough to fit on one
> cd and it fits my needs for a minimal install.
> however when i try to boot the cd it boots asks for language, and so
> forth then it asks for installation media i press cdrom but it just
> says the cd is not a red hat cd and i cant continue.   it says red hat
> enterprise linux at the top of  the screen.
> this is the command i used to create the image i burnt to cd
> i used cd /RHEL/CD1
> then
>
> mkisofs -o file.iso -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat
> -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -R -J -v
> -T /RHEL/CD1
>

> is there anything i am missing on the single cd or in the way i make
> the iso

More than likely you're missing the .discinfo file on the disc.  That
file contains information about the contents of the disc, ala:

1141417589.425945
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4
i386
1
RedHat/base
RedHat/RPMS
RedHat/pixmaps

--
Jay Turner, QE Manager           jkt at redhat.com               Red Hat, Inc.

          If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z,
     X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut. - Albert Einstein