need help!

kallol maji kalloltukai2004 at yahoo.co.in
Wed Feb 15 14:12:53 UTC 2006

I have a machine with following configuration---
  1. AMD 64bit(3000+) processor
  2. MSI RS480 motherboard
  3. 80GB SATA SAMSUNG HD

  I am the first time linux user . I have installed Fedora Core4 X86_64 bit version.
  The o.s. has installed properly. But while login frame in textmode after i entered my login name and password the
  [localhost-login]# line comes. Here if i enter 'startx'  command to get into the desktop it's giving error 'bash - unknown command not found'
  What should I do to enter into the desktop and how can I switch to GUI mode.
  Please help me !