FC on ASUS SLI Deluxe for AMD64 X2

Mcguffey, David C DAVID.C.MCGUFFEY at saic.com
Mon Feb 27 16:25:15 UTC 2006

Just finished building a dual boot workstation using the ASUS SLI Deluxe, an
AMD64 X2 4200, 4 GB of RAM, two 250 GB SATA in RAID 0 using the onboard
Nvida raid contoller, and an ATI Radeon X850 XT PCI-E video card.

Based on prior guidance to install Windows first on a dual-boot system, Win
XP 64 bit is installed and running A-OK on a 250 GB partition.

Next step is to install FC4 or FC5 (preferably FC5) on the remaining 250 GB
of unpartitioned space.

Anything I need to be aware of before I start this process?  Win XP 64
required a special Nvida RAID driver as part of the install process.  Will
FC4/5 recognize the existing Nvida stripe RAID, or will I have to do
something special during the install?

Dave McGuffey
Principal Information Assurance Engineer / ISSE
SAIC IISBU, Columbia, MD