DDR or DDR2

Mohamad Al-Saqer msaqer at iastate.edu
Tue Jan 31 22:42:40 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 31 January 2006 2:22, Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> Consider Opteron then.  The Socket-939 Opteron 165 or 175 are great
> products and tested to 24x7 operation, such as with multi-day (or
> week) simulations.

what is an advantage would the opteron offer me over the regular 939 athlon if
both have same FSB and cache, considering the price difference.

For instance:
Lowest price for opteron 175 is: $496.25
while for X2 4400+ is $459.50
where both have 2.2GHz with 2MB cache and 1000MHz FSB.

Actually I am considering a dual socket with two single core processors. I
guess this will reduce my choices to only 2xx opteron series, right?