RHEL4 64bits Apache2 + PHP5+ Mysql + gd HHEEELLLPPP!!!.

John Haxby jch at scalix.com
Wed May 9 08:44:00 UTC 2007

[1st reply went awry, but it may have gone]

Emmanuel Nuñez wrote:
> first.- my web designers need the php5 and redhat do not have the update for that in RH4.

There's a good reason for that: RHEL4 is supposed to be stable and they
don't go in for major upgrades of components.
> i am build via ./configure all... mysql, php5 and apache2 ... now is working but when i try to compile the GD lib i can not... some body can help me??....

I wouldn't do it that way.  Centos.org has yum and an "extras" repo that
provides, among other things, PHP5 and a bunch of dependencies -- see
the web site.

I'd still think twice about doing that though because upgrading to RHEL5
is probably more attractive. (Before you ask: yes, you do have a license
for that; you have an RHEL license, it's not version specific.)  RHEL5
has php5 and you'll have the benefit of it being covered by whatever
support level you currently have.

jch