[Amqp-security-list] RE: AMQP Security requirements

Subbu Srinivasan (ssriniva) ssriniva at cisco.com
Thu Nov 1 21:44:40 UTC 2007

Folks,
	I have been under the weather because of allergies. Apologize
for the late response on this thread.
We did some prototyping that showcased basic encryption/signing use
cases and used the table value pairs
To indicate the operation.

1) The general thought is to treat security as an infrastructure
component that is independent of any
API, exception being the initial negotiation of security context.

2) Can we use the table/value pairs support provided in the message
header frame to indicate items
Of interest?

	- For eg: E in the header indicates encrypred content
	-	    S indicates signed header
	-	    C - indicates compressed content
	-	    P - indicates validated connection that

Crypto operations do create a special problem especially when frame
sizes are re-negotiated.

3)Can we can expand the table value pairs to reflect the state of the
connection(secure/authenticated)

4)We need to define an AMQP context object that can be carried in each
frame? This will be created
By the broker after initial authentication is done!

So what can we tackle in tomorrow's call!

Subbu