Hacking Anaconda basics

I want to setup an environment so that I can tinker around with the Anaconda package and customise the installation process.

I have a computer with multiple hardrives and a CDwriter but , unfortunately, I cannot afford to cut a CD after every hack . How do the pros do it ? Do they cut a CD to test each feature ?

Could anyone please guide me in setting up an environment where I can hack Anaconda ?
I am familiar with CVS.

Shourya
Shourya Sarcar, EEDP,
Computer Technology Team, Global Software Platforms

GE Medical Systems

3200 N. Grandview Blvd., MS-WT 881
Waukesha, WI 53188
Tel:(262) 521 6295 Fax:(262) 521 6800 DC: *320 6295