Help me to fix this problem?

Hi all,
       I try to localize Red Hat 7.3 anaconda for Thai language. But I have
some problems. Follow these:
      First, Can't set charset in .po file other than UTF-8.
      I copy anaconda.pot to th.po in anaconda-7.3/po directory and modify
charset to "tis620.2529-1" (charset of selected Thai fonts). I tested to
create .mo file by using "msgfmt th.po". It return error!. The charset can't
set other than UTF-8. Why?

     Second, Can't key any characters on gedit.
     On gnome, I can't key any characters when switching to Thai keyboard.
Why?

     From two problem, I can't key Thai language on th.po. If I use UTF-8
charset which isn't fixed fonts (tis620.2529-1) then I can't display on
anaconda installation program.

     Please me to fix these problem.

     Regards,
     - Paitoon Butri