RE: Boot failure with CD set based on kernel 2.4.18-5

> Hi!
>
>  I've built my own Redhat 7.3 CD set with updated rpm packages.
> But there's
> a wierd problem with the lastest one I've done (based on the 2.4.18-5
> kernel) - when the buildinstall script is used during the build
> process. The
> build-process doesn't report any errors, and the CD images are created
> without problems. The installation process from CD completes without
> problems, but when trying to start afterwards, the PC only writes
>
> GRUB
<snip>

Bizarre... I just ran into the same problem.  The kernel errata
(http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHBA-2002-110.html) specifically mentions a
grub fix, perhaps something was broken in the process.

Cheers,
Peter
ClarkConnect - http://www.clarkconnect.org