How to generate comps.xml file?

Hello All,
The comps file has changed greatly between anaconda-7.1 (and redhat-71) and RedHat 8.0. It contains
information about package dependencies and package groupings (as well as other things).

My question is that how this file is generated? is there an opensource tool to generate the comps.xml file for a selected bunch of RPMs that are going to be installed? I tried to create one (by hand), but it generates an
exception while trying to parse the file:
parseError: xmLParseMemory() failed
comments, anyone?
thanks in advance,
Masoud