Execute shell script after installation.

I want to execute a shell script after the Linux installation is completed.
I have a tar file in the Cd. I want the shell script to extract the tar file in /var/tmp location after installation is over.

I have seen Anaconda installer running post installation scripts. But i think post install scripts will be placed in the
Kickstart file. I want to do the same without kickstart file.

Anaconda is creating its own kickstart file in the /root dir. But how to edit it in run time?

Pres.