[Fwd: Re: Test Media Utility and how to customise it]

On Sat, 2003-08-02 at 15:20, Saurav Gohain wrote:
> Yeah Thanks Adam,
> But i need some more information how will i access the .c file.Could u
> please tell me in steps. I will be very gratefull.

Install the anaconda source (rpm -ivh anaconda*.src.rpm)
cd /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/anaconda-9.0

Inside the anaconda-9.0 directory you will find the loader2 directory,
which contains the cdinstall.c file.

After changes overwrite the anaconda-9.0.tar.bz2 file with the modified
directory and then rebuild the anaconda rpm with rpmbuild -ba
/usr/src/redhat/SPECS/anaconda.spec. The put the updated anaconda rpm on
your disk.

I'm not too fluent in C to give a tutorial on how to write/modify c
programs, but if you are just wanting to change messages then that
shouldn't be too hard if you are careful of what you change. I guess I'm
still learning C and Python as I work my way along.

What are you trying to do with the isocheck for the cd's? It might be
that you can get more directed help if the end-goal is known.

--
Regards,
Adam Allen.

adam dynamicinteraction co uk