How to check dependencies ?

Hi !

  Recently I am working on customizing redhat9 cds( or exactly redhat9 cd ).
  I found that many rpms in redhat9 are useless for me, so I want to get these
  rpms out of the installation cd, thus to make a "thin" distro out of original
  redhat9 distro, exactly in only one cd.

  Now I have a problem. How to check the dependencies of a group of rpm files
  to make sure that they are OK to form a distro?

  For example, all the rpm files I decided to put in the "thin" distro are in
  /home/xh/rpms/, now I need a script to check the dependencies between them
  to make sure that there is not any dependency problems.

  I found that it was difficult for me.
  I try to use verifyDeps() in comps.py of anaconda package, but it is so complicated,
  I couldn't understand it.

  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
  Thank you.

  Xu Hao, Beijing