Where are those basic packages?

Hi!

  I am playing with redhat9 comps.xml. I saw that many are many groups in it.
  But then I found that many basic packages are not in any group of it, for example,
  grep is not in any group of the comps.xml.

  I know that anaconda will install these packages when needed. But why they are
  not in any group?

  I am now customizing a installation which includes only a few groups of the
  original redhat9 comps file. When I do the dependency check, there were a lot of
  unresilved dependencies, then I found that I was missing many basic rpm packages,
  like grep, chkconfig, gawk ......

  Any help?

  Thanks.
  Cheers.