Re: http://www.tuxfan.homeip.net:8080/

On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, Michael Fratoni wrote:

> On Monday 09 June 2003 08:41 pm, xhtech wrote:
> > I really cannot connect to http://www.tuxfan.homeip.net:8080/.
> >
> > Is there a firewall?
>
> Of course. ;)
> But it doesn't block port 8080 requests. It does drop pings, so that's not
> a useful diagnostic.

The real question is is does xhtech have a firewall. That is the problem I
have. In order to reach your nonstandard port I have to modify my firewall rules.

I am curious why don't you run it on port 80 like everyone else??

HTH,

--
......Tom		CLUELESSNESS: There Are No Stupid Questions, But
tdiehl rogueind com	There Are LOTS of Inquisitive Idiots. :-)