Re: loader

Here is my problem,
my keyboard doesn't work until X11 is started (I don't know why).
Logically if I try a text install, X is never started...
All works fine with Red Hat 8, but with Red Hat 9 the loader ask me to check
the CD *BEFORE* X is started, and I can't press NOTHING, enter, ctrl+alt+can,
neither the power button, I have to reset...
I ask this to Compaq (I have a Presario 2500) and they:
"Your computer is made to use with Windows, we don't know why Linux don't
work".
I tried kickstart, but I receive an error about partitions.
However I want a custom 'loader' so I can build a Installation CD that works,
even to boot with it and then switch to console2 (in case of disaster).