no text in gui during rh8 custom install

been busily making my own custom rh8 cds.. however during the pretty gui
install, i get no text!

I'm only doing kickstart installs so it's not devastating but I'd be
curious why..

I do notice when anaconda fires up and i crtl-alt-f1 back to the
terminal I discover

"error creating /etc/pango/pango.modules"

I'm assuming this must have something to do with it??

cheers,

ajt.