Re: no text in gui during rh8 custom install

Matt Howell wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-03-11 at 17:53, Andrew Thomson wrote:
> > been busily making my own custom rh8 cds.. however during the pretty gui
> > install, i get no text!
>
> I currently have the same problem with an RH8 install that I have
> created but I have been focusing my attention on the comps.xml, as it
> seems that the first portion of the file contains the
> internationalization strings. Perhaps I wrongly assumed that some how I
> toasted the file during my media compilation process. I just started
> tracking this down but don't remember seeing the "pango" error pop up.
> What was mysterious to me is that the installation works flawlessly in
> text mode.

I believe that this was discussed quite a while ago with Red Hat Linux
7.3.  The fix was to run buildinstall with a library path:

(all on one line)

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH buildinstall --pkgorder
pkgfile --version 8.0 --release 'Psyche 8.0' i386/

Forrest