Re: What creates the user settings in /root ?

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 10:25:52AM +0100, Glen Gray wrote:
> So I was wondering, at first login, where do the various .bashxxx and
> .gnomexxxx dirs come from with the default fedora core settings. I'm

 root mysystem:~# rpm -qf .bashrc
 rootfiles-7.2-7

but

 root mysystem:~# rpm -qf .gnome*
 file .gnome is not owned by any package
 file .gnome2 is not owned by any package
 file .gnome2_private is not owned by any package

> hoping there is something I can call post install to get them all setup
> nicely for first boot. Or do something in first boot if that's the only
> way.

Are you using kickstart? You can do whatever you want in the post install
section....