Re: anaconda-ks.cfg file during installation

On Wed, 2004-07-14 at 10:00, Paul Pianta wrote:
> hi people
>
> I just had a WBEL installation fail during anaconda due to a problem
> with a certain package. I still have access to ALT-F2 bash shell - so I
> would like to - if possible - find the anaconda-ks.cfg file that is
> usually created at the end of a successful install.
>
> Is this file stored temporarily somewhere during the install or is it
> only created at the end of the install procedure. I have looked in /tmp
> and /mnt/sysimage/root but I don't see it ...

According to installclass.py, generating that file comes after the
package installation and after the bootloader installation.  You could
change installclass.py, so that it writes it out earlier, but I am not
certain that doing that would help.

What error did you get and/or why did you want the ks.cfg file?

Forrest