Re: Problem with Fedora Core 2 Build Process.

Nick Gray wrote:

All

I am have problems using buildinstall with Fedora Core 2. It keeps
deleting my isolinux directory. Note that I have removed the
getfullcomps.py which is still listed below (to show the complete
working version).

I had the same problem too. I think it is 'mkimages' (or maybe mkboot-something) that is called by 'buildinstall' that remakes all of the image files - including the isolinux directory. In my own buildscript, I just re-copied my custom isolinux files back to the isolinux directory after buildinstall had been run.

Are there any decent web pages/white papers/documentation on this
process? It seems rather obfuscated.

Definitely not quite a 'white paper' :) - and not super detailed, and not even finished! - but it's probably the closest thing to an Anaconda How-To that we've got ...

http://rau.homedns.org/twiki/bin/view/Anaconda/AnacondaDocumentationProject

Suggestions for improvement/additions are more than welcome ...

pantz

p.s. - 'buildinstall' can be a real b#*ch at times

--
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes ...
That way when you do criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes!