Re: partitioning in %pre

Sorry that was the mkdev.cciss script from the kernel source.. and that
didn't make a difference either.  Something else, most likely
loader/anaconda is checking to see if those are real disk devices..

Is there any point at which loader.c passes the argument to anaconda that
no valid disks where found?

Clearly the device is configured properly.. Even after %pre runs, I can
fdisk /dev/cciss/c0d0 and create/format partitions.  My next step is to
turn of the checkNodisk function in partitioning.py.

If I can partition the disks with fdisk, why is anaconda telling me there
are no valid disks? That makes absolutely no sense.

James

James S. Martin, RHCE
Contractor
Administrative Office of the United States Courts
Washington, DC
(202) 502-2394

James_Martin ao uscourts gov
Sent by: anaconda-devel-list-admin redhat com
03/11/2004 09:46 AM