Re: RE: Fedora Core 2 and rebuilding with a custom boot message

On Fri, 2004-05-21 at 12:36 -0700, Steve M Bibayoff wrote:
> "King, John (Greg) (LMIT-HOU)" <Greg King lmit com> wrote:
>
> > [...} If the
> > changes are made in the isolinux directory, what is the
> > diskboot.img for
> > then?
>
> I believe it's for people that still have to boot off a floppy,
> or maybe people that don't have the tools yet to build
> a  bootable CDRom with a larger boot image (aka isolinux).
> But I'm just guessing.

>From the README in the same directory:
The diskboot.img file is a VFAT filesystem image that can be written to
a USB pendrive or other bootable media larger than a floppy.  Note that
booting via USB is dependent on your BIOS supporting this.  It should be
written to the device using dd.

Cheers,

Jeremy