noatime during install?

Hi,
I was wondering if it would be such a stupid idea to have ext3
filesystems mounted with the noatime option during the installation. The
switch would still be omitted by default in fstab, i.e. from the first
boot on it would still default to off.

I am not sure what kind of speedup you would see. I suppose it would
help the most at the lower end, on systems where there isn't much RAM:
the small disk cache on such machines already forces the system to seek
left and right all the time.

This would apply only to fresh installs. I guess that, for updating
existing installations, Anaconda already uses the same options that the
user has set in fstab.

Are there any packages that would break if installed for the first time
using noatime?

--
Rudi