customized rescue cd

Hello,

      Can anyone tell me what makes the nodes for the devices for the partitions in the /dev/* folder ? Where does it check that there is a scsi device and /dev/sda* or /devl/sdb* should be created?  In the loader code all it does is load the module. So what makes the nodes ?

Is it in rescue.py, with the call to  makeDriveDeviceNodes. I think this is defined in iutil.py.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Sameer.