modification to mkinitrd

Hi,
I made some changes in the mkinitrd script and wanted to test it.  i put this script into and updates.img directory on a NFS Share.

when the installation is completed there is no initrd file is created in the /boot directory.
can anyone suggest me where am i going wrong.

is that i amn't supposed to change the mkinitrd script or the way i am placing it into a NFS share is wrong.  Actually i was edited few og the python scripts and added it to the same file( updates.img) and that piece of code gets executed.  but coz i added the mkinitrd script there its not creating intrd file.

~Prasanna