Dependency checking algorithm

Hello list,

I am looking at the horribly slow installation when packages are specified explicitly (look for an old e-mail from Jeffrey Law: Interesting anaconda/yum performance issue). Anybody can point me to documentation about dependency checking in Anaconda? Most of you will say that this is a yum thing but the problem may be in anaconda not using yum API correctly.
Any hints are welcome.

Thanks,
Alexander.