Re: PATCH:failed to unlink /var/lib/rpm/__db.xxx

Hiroshi Hara wrote:
hi, anaconda developpers

I always found the following message in anaconda.log after
FC6 updgrade installation.
-------------
failed to unlink /var/lib/rpm/__db.000
-------------
and I checked anaconda source and it's no problem,
but It looks not good.
How about checking __db.xxx exists or not before unlink?

I have a contrary view. The desired state is that __db.xxx not exist. If unlink() fails because __db.xxx does not exist, the desired result has been achieved and there is no need for a message at all.

I think Anaconda is entirely big enough, and I'd rather see unimportant code be removed than added.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait